Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 Anime

Another winter, another end of year Top 12 list~ Starting as ever with the anime opening themes that have entertained me the most, both at the start of the episodes themselves, and often as songs in their own right in my music library. :D Links to the OP videos will be in the titles, at least until Youtube takes them down or mutes them.



Ga-Rei Zero isn't a 2013 anime, but I liked the pic. And I do still play the OP a lot.12:




This may well have only made the list because the series is still airing, so I'm still hearing it weekly (watched episode 10 just yesterday, actually). That, or I really have been brainwashed by the franchiseMeh, it's fairly catchy, and the Engrish isn't bad.



11:



A loud, fun OP that really gets you into the mood for some fantastic bug bashing battlesshame the episodes themselves didn't have the same energy to them. My disappointment when they changed the theme mid-series was even greater than when it happened in Shingeki no Kyojin.



10:



If nothing else, it makes sure you don't forget what the series is called! Wouldn't mind if they brought this song back for the (eagerly awaited) second season, though that's unlikely.



9:



It was a close call between this OP and the one from the currently airing sequel, but went with Preserved Roses because these lists usually end up biased towards currently airing shows, while I've been listening to this for longer and still love it!



8:



Ranking in pretty much the same place as the series itself does most of the time in my weekly rankings, Galilei Donna's OP is the most recent addition to my mp3 player, though it's gotten a lot of plays in that short time!



7:



Considering how much I like ALI PROJECT, it's a surprise this is the first time they've featured in my Best Themes lists - the OP for Another last year didn't really stand out, while their oneshot ED for Katanagatari lost out to Yousei Teikoku's in 2010.



6:



I've probably heard the shortened TV version of this theme more than any of the others, what with all the 'Attack on Titan OP goes with anything' parody videoscan't say I'm as big a fan of the full version, though.



5:



I probably liked Danganronpa's style more than its crazy, unpredictable story. As well as the great soundtrack, the odd animation style, character designs and bright colours (pink blood!) are what made the show stand out for me.



4:



As with Date A Live, I'd love to see this get re-used for the second seriesthough I'd settle for another song from the same band. Played this a lot during the long car journey to Reading in August.



3:



Probably the song getting the most plays on my mp3 player at the moment (from a series that aired this year, at least)is what I said about last year's 3rd place OP theme, and it's probably true for this year's as well.



2:



Pretty sure this one isn't up here just because the series is still airing, I predict I'll be listening to it for a long time to come! Or at least for the duration of this and next seasonbecause they wouldn't possibly change it for another at the 11 episode point, would they?



1:



No list of mine would be complete without a guilty pleasure or twothis one just happens to be brilliant enough to rank 1st. No contest really. Shame the series itself had a largely negative impact on my sanity.That's the opening themes done for another year. Here's hoping that next year's four anime seasons will bring some good new ones!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment